State House Tours
About In-Person Tours
- Docent-led tours for groups of fewer than ten people are available Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Groups of ten or more are required to request a tour reservation at least one week before their desired tour. Groups unable to submit an advance request may call the Tour Coordinator at (401) 222-3983 to inquire about other options.
- Groups of fewer than ten people may request a reservation or may join scheduled tours as walk-in visitors.
- Self-guided tours are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. QR codes to the State House audio tour are posted throughout the building. Printed self-guided brochures are available in the Visitor Center located on the first floor of the State House, and in the State Library on the second floor.
- This schedule and policy will be reviewed frequently and updates will be announced.
recommended Large Group Tour Request
About Virtual Tours
- Docent-led virtual tours are offered on weekdays.
- Tour groups may be as few as 15 and as large as 100, although smaller groups are recommended.
- Tour leaders will “walk” participants through the building by sharing a portfolio of photographs on a virtual meeting platform.
- The tour is interactive, providing participants with opportunities to ask questions.
- The meeting platform will be determined in advance and can be provided by the tour guide or the participating group.
- Participants may join the tour as a group from a single location, or from multiple locations.
- Visitors may also take a self-guided virtual tour.
State House Tour Coordinator
Tip: December, May, and June are the busiest months for tours. If you plan to visit during those months, we encourage you to schedule your tour well in advance and, if you have the flexibility, request the first or last tour of the day.