Student Government Elections
The Department of State partners with Rhode Island high schools to provide students with the opportunity to vote for student government leaders and referenda questions using Rhode Island’s official voting machines.
School Election Options:
- Election for class and school officers
- Referenda question ballot
- Officer election with referenda question
- Bilingual ballots available
Schools will manage election logistics and provide staff and students to assist with election day tasks.
The Department will provide:
- Printed ballots
- Voting machine(s)
- One staff member to monitor the voting machine(s)
To learn more about holding an election in your school contact us, or submit an election request form. Requests should be submitted at least three weeks in advance.