Events and Programs
The State Archives works to make our collection more accessible and transparent through a variety of public programs designed to engage our community and offer the opportunity to interact with the State Archives and Rhode Island history. Follow the Department of State online to stay up to date and to sign up for upcoming events at the State Archives or in the community.
Interact firsthand with archival records from our state through panel discussions, exhibition openings, special guests, and transcription and other events that focus on our unique and dynamic history.
Bring your students to the State Archives to learn about our state history and research with primary sources. Students will rotate through stations to learn about primary sources, historical documents, and the State Archives.
In the Community
Learn about Rhode Island history, community, and culture through presentations, genealogy workshops, and interactive discussion curated through resources at the State Archives collection.
During your visit
- Visitors must sign-in upon arrival.
- All bags will be checked upon sign-in. Lockers are available in the Exhibition area.
- Materials cannot be checked out; all research must be done on-site.
- Staff will retrieve materials for you if they are not accessible in the Reading Room Area.
- Photography is permitted with no flash.
- Pen, marker, or otherwise permanent ink are prohibited.
- Food and drink are prohibited.