The Secretary of State's office processes, preserves, and gives the public access to hundreds of thousands of historic state documents and public records. Below is more information about how to request public records filed with our office. We’ve also provided quick links to frequently requested public records.
- Access to Public Records Act: Learn about the Rhode Island General Law regarding access to public records.
- Public Records Request: View the Department of State’s regulation regarding public records requests, and view the Access to Public Records request form as part of the regulation.
- Municipal Ordinances: View proposed changes to city and town ordinances posted with the Department of State by municipalities.
- State Leases: Search state agency leases as filed electronically with the Department of State.
- Financial Audits: Search financial audits of state agencies and departments, as well as quasi-public agencies.