2017 Summer Fellowship Program
The Rhode Island Department of State is now accepting applications for the 2017 Summer Fellowship Program.
This summer we are offering qualified students the opportunity to gain real-world work experience and make a serious, positive impact for the residents of Rhode Island.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university and able to work Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Past Summer Fellows at the Rhode Island Department of State have made an impact by working on exciting projects such as:
- Developing social media marketing plans
- Performing data analysis and laying the foundation of future business data tools
- Investigating correlations in election demographic data and presenting suggestions on improving voter turnout
- Designing and developing forms used by thousands of Rhode Island businesses for improved business outreach
Those participating in the Department of State Summer Fellowship program will work directly with experts in their field, network with state political leaders, and have opportunities to present their summer projects to Secretary of State Nellie M. Gorbea.
The Fellowship will run from June 5 through August 11. This year’s projects include:
- Developing civics and public history programming, including exhibitions
- Assisting with library and/or state archives operations, including cataloguing, research, and developing web content
- Analyzing and evaluating elections administration data
- Researching legislation
- Working on technology and communications projects that improve how the Department of State connects Rhode Islanders and their government
Those selected will earn $15.00 per hour and will be matched to a department based on course work, experience, and interest.
The application deadline is Friday, April 21, 2017. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply today to begin making a positive impact for Rhode Islanders!
For more information contact [email protected] | Tel. (401) 222-2357