The mission of the Rhode Island Historical Records Advisory Board is to serve the people of the state by advocating, developing and supporting programs that defend and provide access to its documentary heritage.
The Board, therefore, accepts the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the central advisory body for all historical records related issues.
- Promote programs that identify historical records.
- Develop a framework, with priorities, for the development of historical records care.
- Identify and cultivate sources of funding for historical records care.
- Encourage organizations to seek funding for appropriate projects, and provide guidance and support for that effort.
- Provide advice and recommendations for historical records projects statewide.
- Take appropriate action relative to pending state and federal legislation as it relates to historical records.
- Support the programs and activities of other organizations whose goals are consistent with the Board's mission.
- Promote and support programs that use historical records in the educational mission of the State.