Dominick J. Ruggerio
Senate Majority Leader
- Date of Birth: 12/19/1948
- Children: Charles, Amanda
- High School: LaSalle Academy, 1966
- College: Bryant College; Providence College, B.S., 1974
- Business and Personal Affiliations: Board of Directors, Wanskuck Library; Sons of Italy, Loggia Vittoria; DaVinci Center Development Committee; Member, State Advisory Council; Member, Capital Center Commission; Member, Special Legislative Commission on Defense Economy Planning; Member, Special Legislative Commission to Study Potential Economic Opportunities in the Development of Port Facilities in the State of Rhode Island; Member, Special Legislative Commission to Study Producer Responsibility Models for Paper and Packaging
Major ResponsibilitiesThe Senate Majority Leader presides over all caucuses and conferences of the majority party and is responsible for the assignment of legislation to committees and serves as an Ex-Officio member of all standing committees of the Senate.
Public Service Information
- Public Offices and Appointments: State Representative, 1981-1984; House Labor Committee, 1981-1982; House Corporations Committee, 1983-1984; Elected Senator November 6, 1984; Senate Deputy President Pro Tempore, 1988-1990; Chair, Senate Finance Subcommittee on Labor, Transportation
- Prior Government Offices: Policy Aide, Office of the Lt. Governor, 1977-1981
DescriptionThe Majority Leader is elected by the membership of the majority party.